Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Friday, August 04, 2006

Fair Spinning

I met my goals for the last 2 weeks; on average, I'm well ahead of my goal of spinning 2 hours each week.

On Wednesday, I spun for 3 hours at the county fair as part of my Guild's booth. This was my first demo and I found that I really enjoyed talking to people and answering their questions. It was a lot easier than I anticipated - probably because I love spinning and would be thrilled if I could tempt someone over to the 'fiber side'. I'm also participating in my first Sheep to Shawl event tomorrow, so that will count toward my goals for next week.

And best of all, the skein I entered in the fair took an Honorable Mention. WooHoo! I've only been spinning for a year, so I'm very excited. Details are here.

Happy spinning!

3 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Many congrats, Elisa!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

Congratulations! I'll bet you're proud! I've never had the guts to enter anything, so I'm definitely impressed. You rock!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Congratulations on the ribbon! Isn't it fun? I can hardly wait till L.A. results are in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home