Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Weeks 3 and 4 Not So Good...

Boy, it is a good thing my first two weeks of the challenge were all out crazy with spinning as I've hit a lull. I lost my momentum in week three when I was undecided about what to spin next so I only got in about 2 hours and 25 min. I decided to throw on the other 4 ounces of purple roving from the batch that one of the prizes is from. It's some Wild Flowers blend from Bountiful. I'm doing *very* fine singles and hope to make my first three ply yarn with it. Now, week 3 was pretty close to the goal of three hours per week so I didn't get down on myself too much.

Week four was a completely different story. I was all caught up in releasing my new sock pattern and getting packed for our whirlwind road trip to Minneapolis for the weekend that I only sat down and spun for 40 minutes on Monday night upon our return while DH was catching up with a friend on the phone. Seriously, if he hadn't been on the phone I probably wouldn't have even spun that much :-(

That said, my "average" for the four weeks is just slightly above the needed 180 minutes so I'm okay as long as I get my butt in gear this week and stay at least on task of 3 hours. Though here it is Thursday and no time has yet been logged...

I've been sidetracked with project planning (yet another baby to knit for, this one I didn't know was even expected, but an annoucement arrived in the mail while we were gone) and by the call of my sewing machine... *sigh* Oh, and a *need* to learn to crochet so I can make the gorgeous crocheted yarn holder pattern in the latest Spin-Off!

You've been pretty quiet while I was gone. Alison, I hope your foot gets better fast and Elisa, I'm sorry to hear about the fiber prep issues with Grover. Also, welcome Margene! Your yarn is really showing your progress as you learn more about drop spindling! How is everyone else doing?

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

But Kristi....the week started on a Wednesday.....you're not far behind! It's only Thursday! I know you'll do fine this week! Don't be discouraged!

Magically, somehow, I've spun more than the 5 hrs. each week....I've been amazed at how much I "stick to it" when I tell others what my goals are! (Nothing like peer pressure, eh?) (And that's not counting my previously scheduled bi-weekly spinning sessions!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home