Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Spinning update

Or lack thereof rather. I was doing pretty well with my spinning, not quite keeping up with my original goals, but getting a lot of spindling done here and there and just a bit of wheel spinning. Now, I can't spin at my wheel at all for a few days as I have some stitches right on the ankle, so the motion wouldn't be good for healing. You never realize how much you use your ankle until you can't use it for a few days. (It's nothing serious, by the way. Just a big, ugly mole removed in a very bad spot to have a mole removed.) I'm so used to double-treadling that I don't think I'd want to try with just one foot when it's just a few days. Anyway, spindling has been non-existent the last couple of days as well because I just haven't felt up to sitting up that much. The foot feels better propped up, so I've been knitting a bit.

So, anyway, hopefully next week, I'll feel like going back to my spindling at least. I have been enjoying seeing what everyone else has been doing fiberwise though. I love knowing that the old arts are enjoying such a revival. I really do love seeing people's faces when I'm spindling in public and they realize what I'm doing. Someday, I hope to get brave enough to bring the wheel into public.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

Glad you're feeling better....just make sure you don't over-do it when you finally get your stitches out!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I wish you a speedy recovery.

I thought it was so funny when you said "Someday, I hope to get brave enough to bring the wheel into public". Why does it feel like we have to be brave about that? I have the same feeling. I just don't want to attract a lot of attention and I feel odd in public spinning. I guess it feels like it's a personal thing for me. I wouldn't meditate in public either, and spinning is meditative for me........... do others have this same sense?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home