Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Saturday, July 08, 2006

I FINALLY plied some singles of alpaca I've had since the first of the year. It was some of the first stuff I ever spun, so it was uneven and very thick. I decided to ply it with a metallic binder instead of plying two thick singles together. I think it turned out pretty nice - considering I thought it might end up as trash.
I also finished spinning and plying my first dyed mohair and silk blend. I'm VERY pleased with how it turned out. I've decided to use it for Christmas stockings - since it is my first fiber prepared from goat to yarn. It seems like it needs to be used for some heirloom type project.
I think the color will be perfect for Christmas.











I also added to the crosspatch single that I have going. My collection of hand spun is increasing. It looks fantastic hanging on their pegs - I hate to use any of it.
I love just looking at it all.









I almost forgot.....I did a very little bit of spindle spinning to try to help improve my skill. I'm not very good at it - and I seem to take the "drop spindle" name very literally, as I am always dropping the darn thing.
I'm SLOWLY getting more comfortable with it.
~Sharon
:D Happy spinning all!

3 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jinann said...

I really like the effect of the Alpaca with the metallic binder. It looks fabulous!

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhh I *really* like that green-y teal...

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

That looks great, Sharon! I've had a hard time using my handspun too, but then I gave away a hank for a Christmas present to a knitting friend and she made such a beautiful scarf from it that I think I'll get over it :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home