Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Woo-Hoo!! Reach my goal for the Challenge, but not for the week although technically I still have today to reach my personal goal for this week, which is to ply my exitsting bobbins of alpaca. They have been sitting on the bobbins for a few months now. In my own defense I haven't had the thread to ply them with quite as long. The alpaca was some of the first spinning I had done and the singels are pretty thick, so instead of plying them together I'm going to ply them with a matalic thread binder and maybe I'll actually be able to use the yarn. otherwise I have a lot of bulky weight yarn without memory. I wouldn't know what to make with it. I'm open for suggestions.......
I spent Thursday evening with 3 spinning pals and was able to start on some crosspatch. I had hoped to finish off the silk single so I could ply it with my mohair/silk blend; but I accidently left my bag of silk behind that night. Oop's. The crosspatch was a dream to spin and I think it's a great look.
Maybe next post I'll have pictures of something plyed. Keep you fingers crossed for me. Happy spinning all.
:D
~Sharon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home