Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hi, I'm Hannah!

Hi everyone, I'm Hannah. I live in Colorado and know Kristi, our fabulous organizer, from the SnB here. I moved to CO last August and started going to SnB as a way to meet people (and knit, of course), and have met some fantastic folks that way. I have a rather busy job that keeps me traveling a fair bit, but I am hoping that things will settle down some this summer and I can finally learn to spin. I played around with a spindle last fall and made some lumpy yarn and my mom gave me a Louet wheel for Christmas. Because of my crazy schedule I didn't get the thing assembled until April (it was basically a kit) and am finally getting around to some spinning. I'm looking forward to Summer Spinning as a way to motivate myself, learn to spin, and share the process with all of you!

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I hadn't heard that you got a wheel!?!?!?!?

If you want some guidance give a holler. Do you have my phone number??

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger miss hannah said...

Yes, my mom gave me a wheel for Christmas. It's awesome except that it took me forever to actually get the thing together. The directions were translated from Dutch and the whole process was somewhat hilarious, involving many "thanks a lot" phone calls to my mom!

Liz, I didn't meet you at SnB in March. I was taking a French class on Monday nights this spring so I didn't make it for a couple of months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home