Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy Summer!

Today marks the beginning of summer. Though I have to say the weather around here is messed up. We've had 90's for the better part of the past three weeks, break 100 degrees last week and setting a record for the earliest day above 100. And today? At 2:30pm we're in the mid-70's! Go figure! I'm not complaining though. It means the house is very comfortable!

I warmed up a lot yesterday with about 1.5 hours of pre-drafting and spinning the same blue superwash wool from the Brown Sheep trip in March. I haven't touched the wheel yet today, but there will likely be some spinning this evening.

I have a couple bags of different fibers in ~4 oz lots that I'll draw for from those that stay with their goals until the fall equinox. If you haven't yet set your goal, please do so soon! If you need another invite sent out to be an author on this blog let me know (fiberfool AT gmail DOT com) and I'll resend.

Happy Summer Spinning!

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on my way hom to spin tonight! Can you maybe send me the welcome letter again, I seem to have accidentally deleted it. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home