Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Monday, June 12, 2006

Invites and Sidebar Up to Date!

I just sent out all the invites to join the blog as an author as well as updated the sidebar with the few new members we added over the weekend. Welcome!

While I'd still like to keep the goals all in one place in the comments of the goal post I'd like to encourage you to write a bit of an introduction - tell use about your wheel(s), how long you've been spinning etc. and do feel free to reiterate your goal there as well!

I'd also like to invite others to submit buttons - just e-mail them to fiberfool@gmail. I chose to use a spindle even though I suspect most of us will be doing wheel spinning because I spin on a rather unique non-generic looking wheel so I figured that wouldn't be as universally liked. Plus, the fiber I had on that spindle is soo summery! :-)

I'm sooo excited to see all the yarns we all spin and learn about new fiber sources and just have the excitement of doing things as a group!

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I have been spinning about 5 years. I have an Ashford Joy and a Babe Production Wheel. I like them both, but love my Joy. Somday I would love to have a more traditional wheel, but for now, I am extremely happy with what I do have. I am a hideously poor handspinner. I hope to work on that, too, but not right now. I learned in a class held at my LYS and my teacher was absolutely wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home