Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hi! I'm Kristi!

Okay, so a good share of you are regular readers of my blog, Fiber Fool (which has been lacking in fibery content as of late). But, there are several of you joining in from other sources whom I do not recognize. Perhaps you came via the SOAR blog?

A quick intro to me. I'm a Minnesota native living in Colorado for 7 years now, married for four of those years come the fall. I live with my husband who is a computer geek, musician, cheesemaker, writer and more. We both have rather broad sets of hobbies and interests.

I learned to spindle spin ever so slightly in October of 2004 and then didn't touch the expensive spindle I bought until last July. I spun for a few hours on a couple different wheels of a couple fellow SnB gals last spring and I came home from last year's Estes Park Wool Market with my wheel - a Majacraft Suzie Pro. I discovered while taking the level II spinning class in Boulder in August that my axel was bent. I have a new axel but I've been too chicken to replace it and then lost the directions to do so in a hard drive crash in March. It doesn't bother really unless I fold and unfold it frequently. But one of these days I will change out that axel!

I spun a ton back in the late summer and fall last year, then once the holiday rush hit it gathered dust and I got out of the habit and hadn't really touched it at all except to dust it until early April and then it sat again until late May. It has been getting semi-regular exercise more recently, but I'd like to get a bit more regular at it. I also felt I needed some output to justfy buying anything at the wool market this weekend :-) That said I don't think I'll be bringing home much in the way of fiber this year. But we'll see.

Stephanie - if you want some guidance on the fleece prep on a weekend sometime I could likely be pursuaded to share the knowledge Lizzy B gave me during her visit back in March. Just holler!

I'm enjoying reading everyone's goals. There are at least a couple of us wondering how to go about tracking our time at the wheel. How are you planning to do so? Are you going to include fiber prep in your time or is your time just strictly spinning time?

I'm also going to see if I can rustle up some prizes for those who complete the challenge so there is a bit more incentive!

5 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

I am SOOOOO envious of everyone who gets to go to Estes Park this weekend. My daughter lives in Loveland (Is it Stephanie who has the gorgeous Corgi? Rachel has 2 Corgi's; lovely, funny dogs)and I was planning to come out this weekend. But now she's pregnant (my first grandchild!!) so I'm saving my time & $$ to come out when the babe is born in November. Would you please pet some wool for me?

I'm planning on just counting the time I actually spend spinning. I could while away the entire 4 hours doing 'prep'. I want to force myself to *spin*.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

Ummm. You don't think you'll be buying much fiber this weekend? Have you ever read posts of people who have shopped with me? Dude. You just threw down the gauntlet. ;-)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

No, really, I'm not throwing down the gauntlet, Carole. I'm on a very seriously tight budget. In fact, the lodging and food will be taking more than hald of my budget for this weekend. My focus shall have to be on taking photographs :-( Sad, but true.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

LOL! Oh - Kristi, Kristi, Kristi it sounds like a great story you'd tell your husband *grin*.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you -IF that's what you really want. Good Luck, I know I couldn't do it.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

Are you still accepting people to join?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home