Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hello, my name is Alison and I'm addicted to fiber

I'm Alison of Alianne Knits. I learned how to spin at the 2005 Maryland Sheep and Wool on a spindle and fell in love with it. In September, I bought my first wheel, an Ashford Traveller, without having ever tried a wheel before and also ended up loving it. In May, I increased my spindle collection from just one to six. I spin mostly very fine laceweight. I currently have several spinning projects in the works and my goals are to finish some merino from the Fiber Denn (the one on the left) and to spin 200 more yards of merino/angora from The Woolen Rabbit for my Moon Dance Stole. I also want to spindle 15 minutes a day and spend at least 2 hours a week with my wheel. So far, so good.

3 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

Oh my! Your Moon Dance Stole is *gorgeous*! I'm so impressed with your knitting, never mind that you spun so fine (and consistent) a yarn. Are you knitting singles or did you ply it? Beautiful work!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Gad-Zooks girl!
All I can say is Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous!

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your moon dance stole is gorgeous! I hope to be able to spin that finely and consistently by the end of the summer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home