Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Thursday, June 22, 2006

does teaching count?

Does teaching to spin count??? I haven't touched my spinning except to teach my 11 year old niece. I forgot how patient one must be to teach an 11 year old. Deep breath in……1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ……. exhale slowly – Whooooooooooo….
Actually she did very well when you consider her age and my poor teaching abilities.

Tonight I plan to sit quietly and spin my mohair and silk blend while my husband watches TV.

I have 3 sons (ages 30, 16 and 15 -in 9days) and a wonderful husband. I've lived in California, mostly southern, all my life. I have only been spinning since New Years Eve 2005- thanks to my dear friend EP, who spent her day teaching me to spin after my hubby gave me a spinning wheel for Christmas. You wouldn't know I was a newbie by the stash I've accumulated. We are suddenly in disparate need of a room addition to the house.

I am completely in love with all fiber arts and have so many projects lined up, I can't get myself organized to accomplish a single one. When I heard about this summer challenge I knew it was perfect for me. If I set a goal I’m okay, and this made me buckle down to set my goals for the summer.

I look forward to meeting and sharing with all of you. Happy spinning all. :D
~Sharon

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Nice to learn a bit more about you, Sharon!

As for counting teaching spinning, it is all up to you since we're all setting and tracking our own goals. So, it's up to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home