Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

THANK YOU KRIST!

Thanks so much Kristi for this group. It has made me think more intently about my spinning. I was a poor spinner (not much better yet) because I didn't work at it. I would spin for a week or so and then leave it for months. I'm hoping that through this Summer Spinning Group, I can improve my skills. Not just on the wheel, but drop spindles. I am the world's worst drop spindle spinner. I passed my goals last week. I actually spun about 2 1/2 hours. I spun on the wheel and finished some purple yarn and also spun on my drop spindle. I'm getting better, but, oh boy, it is slow going. I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts.
I will probably not post pictures here because I'm a techno-doof. If Kristi does get a Fickr thingy going, I will learn that and post there.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Thanks for joining us, Cinday! Despite the summer heat and copious activities I thought a summer challenge would be good because they say it takes at least 30 days to develop a habit so I figure 13 weeks should give us a good chance of forming a habit of fitting spinning into our days and I think most of us will likely see some improvement in our spinning too!

I go set up a Flikr Group. It is really easy to post there and they make it pretty easy to work your photos into blog posts too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home