Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Successful Week 2 for Me Too

I too had a successful week 2 - I had a total of 5 1/4 hrs. of spinning. It was a bit harder to keep up this past week. I did notice something, though. With all the spinning I've been doing, I don't have that many finished skeins (I look in envy at the pictures that Kristi has posted!).

I've been spinning mostly with my wheel. However, this past week, I logged 1 1/2 hrs. of spinning with my drop spindle. I've determined that I'm a VERY slow spinner.....whether with the wheel or with the drop spindle. I should have more finished skeins to show for all the hours! But, then again, I spin for relaxation, so it's OK. So...that's my excuse for no finished skeins (plus, my Louet bobbins are quite big, so it takes a bit to fill them.....especially since I've been spinning quite thin lately.)

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Great job, Jinann! I actually think I'm pretty slow as well. Of course it all depends on the fineness of your spinning too! I mostly have finished skeins because I'm not working with huge amounts of fiber. The blue stuff was my largest lot of the same fiber I've worked with at ~9.5 oz. I've actually not filled bobbins before plying. But, for me I'm finding that the motivation to keep spinning is in getting close to having a finished skein. That makes me sit down more often for longer periods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home