Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Disappointing First Week

I met part of my goal for the first week - I spun for 4 hours. What disappoints me is that I didn't spin Grover's fleece, which is the second part of my challenge. I'm still working on the BFL I bought at Stick and Stone Fiberarts; I've started the second bobbin and should have the last of the roving spun this week. Then I can ply it, set the twist, and move on.

I finished dividing Grover's 7.5 pound fleece into 'best' and 'seconds'. All of the 'best' wool is washed and tonight I started picking with the Patrick Green Triple Picker. Susie, Sharon & I went in together to buy the picker; we got a great tool and dividing the cost three ways made it affordable.

I've only picked about 4 ounces of fleece and I already have a net laundry bag full of wool. It amazes me how much the wool fluffs up when it is picked. I'm getting really excited to start spinning. Hmmmm, I have a third Woolee Winder bobbin. Maybe I could work on the BFL and Grover at the same time . . . .


3 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Jinann said...

Wow! Three Woolee Winder Bobbins? I'm impressed. I still don't have one, I can't seem to get over the cost. (Although, I am totally amazed at how much yardage you can get on one!)

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

I talked dear hubby into buying them for my last birthday. Lucky me! I think they are priceless. I spin faster and more consistently because I don't have to stop & move the clip thingee. (technical term. lol) Plus, as you said, you can really pack the yardage on there!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Sounds like a dear hubby for sure! I haven't used a picker before either! You have *all* the toys! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home