Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bobbin Help

Anybody spin on an Ashford Traveller? Or any Ashford; I think the bobbins are interchangeable. When I was changing bobbins, the back of my bobbin fell off - the one with freshly spun singles, of course. Details and photos are on my blog. Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm worried about saving my singles - if I put it on a lazy kate, will I end up with a tangled mess or will I be able to ply successfully? I checked the other bobbins and two had loose ends; DH is going to fix them before I start spinning again. Now I have even more incentive to get a Woolee Winder for this wheel. (Wonder if I can talk hubby into a early birthday present??)

3 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I don't spin on an Ashford, but I know someone with a Traveler and I'll send her your way if she can offer any insight...

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I have a Joy and haven't had that problem. So far mine have held together.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I know when your birthday is - I think you might be pushing it.
I have faith in you - I seen the amazing creative things you've done in the past. I know you'll end up on top with this one too.
You know I love you like a sister, so don't mind if I have a good laugh at the thought of all this. You'll find it hysterical one of these days too.
*still shaking my head* and LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home