Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Friday, July 14, 2006

I wanted to update since I was so disappointed last week. I am doing much better this week. I have actually spun about 2.5 hours. My consistency is improving and I really am enjoying spinning the Coopworth I got from Copper Moose. I will most probably dye this yarn when I'm done. I saw an idea on a blog (I'm so sorry, but I can't remember where) that suggests using food coloring (my dye of choice) and glass jars and putting the skein into each jar of color. It would probably work well with roving, too. Maybe I can try that at a later date.
I received my very first fleece in the mail this week. His name is Grant and he's from Cormo Wool, a wonderful farm in California. I can recommend Sue to anyone interested in the Cormo breed. The breed is relatively new. I think it was developed in the 70's. It is a blend of Coopworth and Merino and the wool is stunning. Sue covers the fleece and mine is so white it's almost blinding. I know I sound like an ad, but I'm one very happy girl.
This weekend I plan to spin and wash fleece. I hope everyone else has a great weekend.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

I love the way Cormo feels....I haven't spun with it yet, but I have a few ounces that I bought at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home