Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Spinning Update

I haven't done much spinning in the past two weeks. I've been working on other projects, getting ready for our local county fair. Now that the entry deadline is past, I'm spinning again. I did about 5 hours yesterday at my spinning guild meeting and another hour+ tonight, so on average I'm meeting my challenge goal. I'm seeing a lot more consistency in my singles and *my hand doesn't hurt as much* from drafting. Hooray! I've relaxed my grip on the fiber and I'm spinning woolen, rather than inch-worm. It's making a big difference - I can spin longer and my hand doesn't cramp up.

I still love spinning on Bekki, the Ashford Traveler. I didn't think I'd enjoy using a single treadle but I really like the rhythm. I like Bekki so much that I broke down and bought myself an early birthday present. A Woolee Winder. With two extra bobbins. I got a Winder for my Lendrum for my last birthday and I love it.

But the funny thing? Bekki is spinning so well that I'm apprehensive about attaching the Woolee Winder. I'm afraid I'll jinx myself or something. LOL. I'll probably do it tomorrow, if it's not too hot to spin.

Spin cool!

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Oh you lucky.... a Woolee Winder. How cool is that? I'm so envious. Let us know how you like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home