Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Still Meeting My Goals!

Week 6 ended and I'm still keeping up with my goals! This week I managed to work in 8 1/2 hrs. of spinning. I think I have some lean weeks coming up though, so I may have to rely on "averages".


The multi-blue Merino for my mom's scarf is all plied! I'm a bit disappointed that I managed to spin 2 different weights.....I like the skein I finished this week the best (it's the one on the left). The skein on the right is the one I completed a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, I've continued to spin the brown Blue Faced Leicester (on Lennie 2) and the white Blue Faced Leicester (on Louie). I'm almost ready to ply a skein of the white....I have two rather large bobbins nearly full. I only have one bobbin about full of the brown. Next week I hope to have some plied BFL to show!

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I love the color on that yarn! It goregous!

One tip to maintain a certain yarn through a larger spinning project is to pull out some singles as well as some actively plied (pull off the bobbin and allowed to twist back on itself) 2-ply as references. Then, if you have don't have a wooly winder whenever you pause to move your hook you can double check the thickness of your singles as well as the amount of twist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home