Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Monday, August 07, 2006

Back on Track

I'm back on track. I spent over 3 hours yesterday spinning and washing fleece. I have 2/3 of a bobbin of pretty fine yarn spun. I'm very pleased with it and I am finally feeling like I'm making headway. I thought about getting out the spindle and working on it, but at this time I want to enjoy the spinning that I can do. I think I need to put the spindle back for a little bit. I really want to conquer my ineptitude on the spindle, but don't want to bite off more than I can chew during this Summer Spinning Challenge. So, I'll wait until the challenge is over to pull out my spindles.
I have a picture of Grant's fleece in the sink soaking on my blog at knitwonpurltwo.blogspot.com. No spinning pix as of yet, though. I'm having trouble getting good shots of the spinning with my new camera. OK. I can't really blame the camera. I'm a crappy photographer. Can't wait to hear from everyone else.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy! That sounds great!

I've tried a few times to access your new blog and I keep getting a blogger 404 message :-( Can you double check the spelling?

Perhaps come fall some of us would like to continue with the challenge in a nother direction like working with a specific fiber or specific tool such as the spindle rather than then wheel??? Let me know if any of you are interested in such a thing!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

Yes Yes Yes!! I'd love to continue the challenge. I was thinking tonight that I do more spinning when I have a goal to work toward, and wondering if we could do a winter challenge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home