Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Way too Long...

It's been way too long since I posted any spinning news. So sorry :( I thought I'd drop in and say that I've met (exceeded) my goal of 2 hours per week for the last several weeks and have some beautiful alpaca to show off.




This is baby alpaca combed top, that I bought at our newest LYS back in June. I had 8 oz, and what I've ended up with is around 400 yards of 3 ply. I haven't measured WPI, but it looks to be about sport weight.

This is also alpaca, but came in the form of a batt. The stuff practically spun itself, and really wanted to be a chunkier yarn than I'm used to spinning.



I'm having trouble motivating myself to finish up the Romney and haven't touched the Kromski wheel in weeks.

Last night I couldn't sleep, so instead of lying in bed frustrated, I got up and did some spinning. While at Estes I picked up a 2 pound bag of blended wool roving, various shade from white to black. In about 90 minutes last night I spun up about half a bobbin on the Ashford, and it is stunning----the colors are blending into a variegated charcoal color. It is spinning thin enough for a 3 ply yarn, and I have so much of it, I'm thinking there will finally be enough handspun for a sweater, or vest. Something more than a hat or mittens for sure. Here's a sneak peak:

Before:


After:


Must go for now---good luck in this final stretch! Happy spinning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home