Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Friday, August 18, 2006

Slow Going

I thought I'd check in and let you know that although a lot of spinning has been going on---about 4 hours this week---there has been little progress. The Romney that I've been working on for the last several weeks is rather short stapled and neppy, making for slow progress. After getting the tension set correctly the other day, I spent about and hour and a half this afternoon spinning and watching TV. This is what 90 minutes looks like:




Pretty pitiful, huh? I'm finding that I'm stopping a lot to pick out the uneven bits and the neps, which in the long run will be worth it, but makes for tedious spinning.

On the other wheel, I've been enjoying some baby alpaca---I've about got one bobbing full, and so far I'm really pleased with how it's spinning up.


Pop on over to Black Sheep, to see my first handspun/knitting adventure!

Happy Spinning!

1 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Jinann said...

At least you have an excuse for "slow spinning"....I just spin slow. The yarn looks great - well worth the "blood, sweat, and tears" you endured to make the short staple length work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home