Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Catching Up

With all the vacationing and emergency travel, I've not been keeping up on my goal of 2 hours per week----although I did say it was to be an average of 2 hours a week.

Here's the way I've figured it----I was gone for about 4 weeks, so in order to catch up, I need to do 3 hours a week for the next four weeks and I'm golden, yes?

Over the weekend I logged about 5 1/2 hours, 4 of those on Saturday with the girls from the knit group here for a spin in. You can read all about it here. I've not posted a photo of my progress because it looks just like the last photo; it's just the second bobbin.

Can't wait to see your progress!!

3 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Designedly, Kristi said...

That sounds like a totally reasonable plan, Lisa. I am anal retentive (all those years doing research I guess) and have a spreadsheet going where I log my hours on the various spinning activities (wheel spinning, wheel plying, spindle spinning, spindle plying, and not included into the total is the time spent washing/setting the finished yarn) so the spreadsheet calculates my averages. But, like I said, more than a little anal.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

That's so funny, Kristi. I have a spreadsheet too. I thought I'd be the only anal retentive spinner. Nice to have company!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

I don't have a spreadsheet, but I'm using the journal I got from my secret pal to keep track of what/how I spun, plied, skeined. I haven't got it quite down to a spreadsheet, but I have most of the same details you all do. LOL - I'm so glad to see I'm not the only anal retentive one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home