Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Bunny Crack Spinning

This week I spun up an angora wool blend from Kim at Woolen Rabbit. It was so soft and easy to spin and with my new light weight spindle I was able to get 100 yds of fingering weight. It's my best yarn yet and I have enough roving for about 200 yds more. Maybe I can really knit with this!
You can see a picture on my blog as Blogger isn't allowing photos at the moment. And you might consider the Dye, Spin, Knit Sock Along I'm going to start in October, too.

Margene
http://zeneedle.typepad.com/zeneedle_process_of_art/

3 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Designedly, Kristi said...

Ooooo, I'm envisioning a bunny crack scarf in your future! ;-) 300 yds of bunny crack in fingering weight will be awesome!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

What gorgeous yarn....drool. Oooops....almost got that on your skein....sorry about that. The color of the angora blend is stunning....and you did it all with your drop spindle.
Wow!

I'll bet it feels absolutely wonderful!!!!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger margene said...

Thank you to both of you. Yes it is so soft and I'm very pleased that I made such a nice yarn. I have a bit more to spin and hope to end up with 300 yds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home