Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Friday, July 14, 2006

You can see in my post today that I have finally had a little success in spinning. The blue roving is a mohair wool blend that is very fluffy and easy to spin as it has little substance and it floats away.
The red roving is a fine merino hand dyed by a local fiberist. It was very hard to draft my first time but now it's going well. I am enjoying the process of spinning en0ugh that I have a hard time putting it down.
This weekend I'll take some of the angora/alpaca roving that Kim of the Woolen Rabbit sent to me last year and see how I can do with it. There will be many more spindles in my future as I want to spin as many fibers as possible and on as many spindles as I can just to see how different they all are.
Thank you to my pals for the encouragement!

Margene

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

Wow! All that spindle spinning! I feel like a "cheater" since I do most of my spinning at the wheel. The yarn looks really gorgeous....such vibrant colors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home