Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Friday, July 07, 2006

Week 2



Week 2 ended with quite a bit more yarn spun. In fact I finished 2 bobbins of the coopworth (which I'm guessing is about 3 ounces - I could weigh it, but then what fun would that be). Tonight I hope to do some work on the Jacob's wool, however my back is a bit out of whack, so I'm not sure how much of it I'll be able to take.


Of course this picture was taken at the beginning of the week when only one of the bobbins of coopworth was done. I'm making this a 3-ply yarn, and knitting a shawl for my mother-in-law.


So I'm making progress, and enjoying myself completely. I also bought some beautiful border leicester roving on Saturday at our local farmer's market, it's calling me to spin it. But I'm not sure what it's wanting to be knit into, so I might wait until I figure that out.

Have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Designedly, Kristi said...

Beautiful, Rebekah! I thoroughly enjoyed spinning the BFL I did earlier this spring. I'm still learning enough that I don't plan too much before spinning because the fiber doesn't always what to be the type of yarn I might want if I planned to rigidly, LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home