Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Week 2 Success!

I managed to do all of my Week 2 Spin time in Missouri visting My best friend Anne! I also succeeded in finishing some roving I have been working on periodically for over 2 years! It's completely spun and plied but not yet washed. I spent a HUGE amount of time working on unfelting the roving. It was extrememly densly packed together after 2 years of sitting. I made it draft-able and spun it on my friend's Ashford Joy. I was spinning this on my oy at home and brought my bobbins and orifice with the spinning in progress already attached! It was almost as good as bringing my own wheel with me! :)

This week it will be back to the Bond roving... I'll take some photos and get my act together...

3 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger sopranospinner said...

Singles look great! I really enjoy predrafting, getting my hands on the fluff and making it spin easily. I just like touching the stuff, I guess. My summer spinning is suffering, though.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Designedly, Kristi said...

I'm impressed that while traveling you still met you goals! Way to go!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Wow - I'm really impressed at your dedication - even spinning on vacation. I think I would have blown me week if I were on vacation.

Congrats on getting through the felted fiber mess. I just hate it when that happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home