Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Spinning update

Hi all! After really working hard on my goal the first two weeks, I haven't spun much at all for the last two. I confess I had extenuating circumstances though. The wonderful woman who taught me to spin passed away last week from a terribly swift and devastating bout with Pancreatic cancer and my reaction to it was exactly opposite what I thought it would be. I thought it would make me want to spin in her memory, but at least for the last 2 weeks I have started to spin, (I've done about 2 hours or so each week) and have been overwhelmed by sadness. I have not abandoned my goal but i might take a little while to get my "twist" back as it were.

But, to happier things... Here are the results of the first 2 weeks of the challenge!

The purple on the left is what I spun in St Louis with my friend Anne and fellow challenege member Rebekah! It is 60/40 merino Angora blend from The Woolen Rabbit who has the most amazing angora blends I have ever had the pleasure to work with! This was the other portion of my challenge, and I had been working on it for 2 years. (I had nearly 2 lbs of 2 this lucious stuff broken out into 1 ounce balls.) I'm starting to seriously contemplate what I will use this fabulous stuff for...

The brown on the right is the Australian Bond, subject of the larger plan for the challenge. It's destinied to be something textured, maybe a cabled sweater or a gansey.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Jinann said...

Oh, Liz. I'm so sorry. Sending virtual hugs your way.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Here's to getting back into the spin of things soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home