Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Monday, July 31, 2006

Met my goal

I met my goal for last week and got a start on this weeks goal. I spun the rest of my cotton samples from the cotton class I took from Jane, and that really helped me get some peace about her sudden death.

I also spun up 2 ounces of a green and purple roving i got from a lady named Diane with a business called Firesong. I spent about 8 to 10 hours spinning this weekend. Only an hour was this past Sunday so I have some spinning time ahead of me this week. I'm excited about my spinning again though and that is a really good thing.

Thank you all for your kind words about my teacher Jane.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

Wow! You HAVE been busy! They all look gorgeous! Is all the cotton natural colors? I've never spun cotton - I've just heard that it's very difficult because of the short staple length. I'm in awe at your ability to spin such gorgeous cotton!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home