Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Learning

First goal was to make a good skein of 2 ply yarn which I have been able to do. Next up was to spin a full spindle of nice singles and then to ply it. Last night I was able to ply it (center pull ball) which is the easy part, actually. After studying the skein (I've become a spinning geek!) to see what I could learn, it looks like I maybe spinning too hard and fast for my drafting ability. Sometimes it just looks like dental floss and other parts are very nice. There were fewer slubs in this skein so little by little I learn. I do have something in mind to knit with this skein and will keep you posted and I'll practice more this weekend and show the results of my newly found knowledge.

Margene
http://zeneedle.typepad.com/

1 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

Wow! Checked out your blog - the yarn is gorgeous! For each skein of the red, there is a purpose....I'm sure of it! They're ALL perfect skeins! (I spin MOSTLY on my wheel....people like you make me feel like I'm "cheating"!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home