Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Introduction

Hello everyone :o)

My name is Jessica (aka JessaLu), I live in Western Mass with my SO, my teenage daughter and my dog. I just got into spinning at the Mass S&W with a Bosworth spindle (and taught to draft by none other than Sheila herself!) - I jumped from the spindle to a wheel last Thursday and right now am spinning on a rented Ashford Joy.

I think for a goal I'd like to try to #1 purchase a wheel of my very own and #2 spin enough yarn to knit a pair of socks by the end of the summer.

Simple enough, right? ;o)

5 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

Welcome to the highly addictive world of spinning! Have you decided on what wheel you want to buy yet? It took me awhile to decide, but I finally settled on a Lendrum. I've never regretted that decision. Good luck with the Challenge!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I own an Ashford Joy too; it is one of 7 wheels that I have. But it is the one I use most. :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous JessaLu said...

I haven't decided what wheel, yet - I'm still shopping around!

I'm going to the 'Hot & Hazy II' spinning event in Schaghticoke, NY this Saturday to do more 'try-outs' ;o)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Designedly, Kristi said...

Well, we are glad you joined us, Jessalu! Good luck with the wheel shopping!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Good for you. Knitters may soon rule the world, but spinners will control the supply!!! I'll be interested to hear what wheel you decide to buy. I have the Ashford Joy and I do love it, but I have a hankering for a saxony type wheel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home