Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Introduction

Hi, my name is Rebekah. I live near St. Louis, Missouri, USA, but on the Illinois side of the great Mississippi. I have one husband, one parrot (Basil) and one black lab (Abner). My normal blog is Knit Knack. I have been spinning since January, when I took my first class. The class was quite the let down but I did discover I really enjoyed spinning, and soon ordered my wheel. Everything else I've learned has been through books, which I do well at learning that way, so it worked out in the end. I haven't really used any of my homespun yet in projects, but I'm rectifying that currently. My goal is to spin up 2 pounds of coopworth and 2 pounds of Jacob's Wool for a aran shawl I'm knitting my mother-in-law. I worked a little on it last night, but due to high heat and humidity, even with our AC running ended up with a lot of little clumps in the spinning and so didn't stick with it long. Hopefully tomorrow evening will provide me with more of an opportunity and less of an opportunity to clump.

I'm excited to be a part of this, and hope to enhance my spinning capabilities over the summer. My next spinning project is some colored roving I purchased to knit myself a Fair Isle Cardigan.

4 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Elisa said...

Hi Rebekah, nice to meet you! What a bummer that your spinning class didn't work out. Have you seen the videos at www.icanspin.com and www.joyofhandspinning.com? They might be a good addition to your books. I learned to Navajo ply by using those sites. They are wonderful!

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Rebekah said...

I did use those, they taught me a lot in the beginning! They are great places to visit.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Designedly, Kristi said...

I'm so sorry that you spinning class was a dud! We're kind of spoiled out here as there are several reputable and well-known spinning instructors. I'm glad you could join us though! Thanks for introducing yourself!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Liz said...

You know, if you have any spinning questions, you can ask me when you see me in a week or so! :) I can't wait!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home