Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Friday, June 23, 2006

An Introduction to Lizzy B

I'm Lizzy B and my Blog is A Stitch In Time. I started spinning a few years ago. I learned in February of 2004, but I didn't actually start spinning egularly or faithfully until October of that year.

I realized not all that long ago that spinning is my true passion. I have 3 wheels, an Ashford Joy, a Majacraft Susie Pro and a Louet S75. I love them all for different reasons, and I use them all.

My goal for this challenge is to spin 5 hours a week. For me this means actual time on the spinning wheel. I spun for one hour last night because even though it was 88 degrees in my house I missed my wheels and I didn't want to fall off the pace in the first week!


My larger goals for this summer are to finish spinning and plying all of the Australian Bond roving I have (nearly 3 pounds) and to finish the angora/merino I got from the Woolen Rabbit a few years ago. I think I have 3 or 4 ounces left to spin of that.

I am also trying to get a few of my fleeces carded on my drum carder, and while that has to do with spinning i am not counting it in my challenge...

I'll update again soon!

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Designedly, Kristi said...

Hey Girl! Thanks for joining in and introducing yourself!

I saw some really gorgeous Bond fleeces and rovings at the market this year. I hadn't noticed them last year at all. I really need to get "In Sheep's Clothing" so I know more about the breeds.

Hats off to you for spinning despite the hot climate in your house. I spun a bunch last night too! 50 minutes on the wheel and 30 minutes on the spindle :-)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Okay I'm exhausted just reading about your goals! I tried spinning when it was warm int he house the other day, ended up with lots of felted roving from the sweat in my hands. Sorry to disgust anyone :-)

Can't wait to see you July 3!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home