Summer Spinning

Summer spinnin' gonna have me a blast. Summer spinnin' bobbins fillin' so fast. Met a wheel crazy for me. Met a fiber soft as can be. Summer spinnin' drafting away to, oh, oh those summer yarns. Tell me more, tell me more how much did you spin? Tell me more, tell me more, what weight was it in?

Friday, June 23, 2006

Better late than never!

Thanks Kristi for letting me jump in late :)

I'm Lisa, I live in Colorado Springs and I've just started spinning; I took my first class in May. I was very frustrated at first, but after a visit from the spinning faerie, I've been hooked. In late May, I bought a wheel, a Kromski Mazurka. I had the fiber thing pretty much under control until I went to a sheep shearing and came away with a share in 2 merino fleeces. That, and a visit to the Estes Wool Market and Cathy's place 'bout did me in, and I now have a bit of a containment problem, though it is still manageable----hey it's all relative, right?

I've been married for going on 27 years, hubby is in the Air Force, so we've lived all over, though we both grew up in Washington State. We have two sons (23 and 20) that share an apartment in the Seattle area. We have two doggie friends and a borrowed cat.

Want to know more??? Come visit me at Black Sheep!

3 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Designedly, Kristi said...

We're glad to have you Lisa! I think my favorite thing about this group of spinners is that we have a wide range of experiences so I think we can all be very supportive to each other.

Have a safe trip next week and we'll look forward to seeing what you spin over the summer!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Nice to meet you Lisa!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Jinann said...

Took a peek at your blog and saw the picture of your wheel. It's GORGEOUS!!! Good luck with the Summer Challenge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home